- 4 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups honey
- Cut the oranges and lemons in half and juice them over a mesh sieve.
- Scrape the pulp and membranes out of the oranges and lemons and put the solids into a 6 inch square of cheesecloth. Tie the cheesecloth closed with twine.
- Slice the orange and lemon peels into very thin pieces, about ⅛ of an inch wide and an inch long.
- Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, combine the juice, water and peels and cheesecloth. Simmer covered until the peels are soft, at least an hour and a half. Stir every 20 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecloth, squeeze out any liquid and discard the cheesecloth.
- Add the honey to the remaining liquids and peels and bring to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil (but watch it to keep it from boiling over) until the marmalade thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Pour into three jars and let cool before sealing the jars. Keep refrigerated.