Physical and mental stress leads to a fatigued body. A masseur or a massage therapist has the art of massaging away the pain, stress, fatigue and tension from the body. What is body massage? It is a process of massaging the body by using hands, fingers, knees, elbows, forearm, feet or any massage device. It is generally working on the body with pressure by using structured or unstructured motion. Why is it necessary? Massaging rubs away fatigue and stress. It improves blood circulation. It creates a pleasant sensation on the skin and works on the soft tissue like muscles, tendons and ligaments hence improves muscle tone. Its benefits reach the deeper layers of muscle and even the internal organs. It relaxes muscle spasm and relieves tension. It helps to eliminate waste and toxins from the body. Types of massages
1. Lavender Essential Oils: Calming scent makes it an excellent tonic for nerves and anxiety issue. It treats headache, migraine, depression, nervous tension and stress. It improves blood circulation, restores hormonal balance, it eases breathing. Cures insomnia.
2. Ylang Ylang essential oil: is said to offer a variety of health benefits.One of the main components of ylang ylang essential oil is linalool, a compound found to possess stress-reducing properties. Inhaling the aroma of ylang ylang essential oil or absorbing ylang ylang essential oil through the skin is thought to transmit messages to a brain region involved in controlling emotions. Ylang ylang essential oil is also used to alleviate stress, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, improve mood, and enhance libido. It acts as a natural insect repellent, promote wound healing, and diminish the appearance of scars when applied to the skin.
3. Lemongrass Essential Oil: is an analgesic, antidepressant, antimicrobial, antipyretic, antiseptic, astringent, bactericidal, carminative, deodorant, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicidal, galactogogue, insecticidal, nervine, sedative and tonic substance. It reduces pain and inflammation and pain in muscles, joints and teeth. It increases quality milk production in lactating mothers.It inhibits microbial and bacterial growth on the body. It is antipyretic in nature, which reduces fever.
4. Tea tree essential oil: has been claimed to be useful for treating a wide variety of medical conditions. It has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, balsamic, cicatrisant, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, stimulant properties. It boosts immune system.Its effective against fungal and bacterial infection. It has stimulating effect on hormone secretions and blood circulation. It reduces dandruff and hair loss. It helps heal and soothe sunburns.It relieves itchiness from rashes as well as helps reduce rashes.
5. Rosewood essential oils: its a good antidepressant. Improves blood circulation.Provides relief from headaches and joint pains.Useful in treatment of skin diseases and acne. Stimulates hormones, enzyme, acids and bile secretion. Keeps brain cool, active, sharp and alert.Increases libido. Serves as an ideal natural deodorant.
6. Rosemary essential oil: Stimulates blood circulation and relieves pain. Strengthens immune system. Tones skin and removes dryness.
Log onto www.puremart.in to know more about essential oils and buy online. Essential oils are not only used for massage but may also be used in varied manner. Many people have queries regarding the proper use of these essential oils. Essential oils can be used in the following manner: