'Pure Desi Rajma'. Rajma (Kidney Beans) are among one of the very special delicacies of J&K among other locally grown organic cereals.
The Rajma (Kidney Beans) are specially procured from Baderwah region of J&K which is famous for the rich taste of Rajma (Kidney Beans).
We hereby recommend you to follow below steps to get the real and authentic preparation of Rajma (Kidney Beans) to get the best taste at your home.
1. Don't Soak Rajma (Kidney Beans) overnight. They are organically grown and hence not as hard as other cereals.
2. Never throw water from boiled Rajma (Kidney Beans) as it all essential nutrients in it and enhance the taste of curry.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Qty: 1 Cup or small curry bowl (Katori)
Step 1: How to Boil for better flavour and better nutrient value?
1. Wash one cup of Rajma in a bowl and rinse. Please note that Rajma is nicely hand shorted by our workers for your ease. You can transfer in and wash for cooking directly.
2. In a pressure cooker add washed Rajma with 2 regular glass of water.
3. Add 1 and a half tablespoon salt (or as required). For additional flavour, add 4-5 cloves of peeled Garlic (Lehsun) without cutting. It will add more aroma once cooked and shall get mixed in the curry during heating.
4. Now close the lid of Pressure Cooker and lock the handle. Let it cook in medium flame until 4-5 whistles.
5. Turn the gas stove off and open the lid after 5-10 minutes this keeps the pressure inside and enables steam cooking.
6. Add 1 more glass of water and re-cook for another 2-3 whistle.
7. Now take out the cooker aside of flame and let it rest for some time while masala is prepared.
Step 2: Masala (Tadka Preparation)
1. Heat a pan and add 4-5 tablespoon of cooking oil (mustard oil for better taste). Keep the flame in medium heat.
2. Add 1 pinch of Heeng (Asofetida) and Cumin Seeds (Jeera) to it. Saute and add small size chopped green chilly as per taste (3-4 preferred).
3. Add 2-3 medium size onions chopped and saute till golden brown.
4. Add 2 medium cut tomato and saute until masala starts leaving oil aside in red colour. It indicates onions and tomatoes are cooked nicely.
5. Now add Haldi (Turmeric Powder) and Chilly powder (the half tablespoon or as per taste).
6. Saute the pan and let spices mix up well. If your pan is getting dried, please sprinkle water on it.
Step 3: Finalizing and Garnishing
1. Transfer masala (tadka) into pressure cook and let it simmer for few minuted until foam on the top layer is evaporated and red layer coats the curry.
2. Sprinkle garam masala over cooked curry and garnish with coriander(dhania) leaves.
3. To enhance the taste add 2 tablespoons of pure desi ghee.
Mix well & Serve.