Check COD availability
Additional charge of Rs.50.00 applicable for COD orders.
Delivered in 5-7 business days for Metros and 7-10 business days for Non-metros
International Shipping in 10-12 business days
Pure Kesar Strands
Place it into an airtight box (Prefer Plastic container)and keep it in a cool, dark, and dry place, away from sunlight. It helps strand to retain Crocus compound for longer use.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||1|
|% Daily Value|
There are 3 main active components of Saffron: Crocin which gives a yellow colour to saffron stigmas and also helps in maintaining body temperature on regular consumption acts as an anti-oxidant by removing free radicals in the body and protects cells and tissues against oxidation.
Picrocrocin which given saffron threads bitter taste and Safranal compound gives an earthy taste to saffron.
1.The active components in the pure saffron act as an antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-oxidant, digestive, anti-convulsant.
2. It maintains body temperature and improves digestion which is very important during pregnancy. Some clinical studies have also discovered that use of saffron in pregnancy is helpful for Blood Pressure and relives mother from stress. A pinch of saffron (around 5-8 threads) in boiling milk is recommended during pregnancy. Read More Here
3. It is a good source of copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is important for cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production.
4. It is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamin A, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-C that is essential for optimum health.
5. Saffron is used for asthma, cough and to loosen phlegm.
6. It is useful for sleep problems, hardening of the arteries, intestinal gas, depression, Alzheimer’s disease, pain, heartburn, and dry skin.
7. Women use saffron for easing menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome. Men use it to prevent early orgasm (premature ejaculation) and infertility.
8. It is also used to increase interest in sex and to induce sweating. The saffron for premature ejaculation acts as a natural remedy if taken regularly with milk before sexual intercourse.
9. Some people apply saffron directly to the scalp for the prevention and cure of baldness (alopecia).
10. It is beneficial for hair as it helps in stimulating hair growth.
11. It can be mixed with liquorice and milk and applied to bald spots. This will combat hair loss and promote hair growth.
There are quite a few #simple and #genuine tests which you can do at home while buying saffron to the #test purity of saffron:
1. It contains Crocus compound (i.e. Crocin) which make it taste bitter. You can take 1 or 2 strands in between your teeth and taste for bitterness and hence serves an active agent to maintain body temperature. Adulterated saffron may be sweet in taste.
2. It once mixed with hot milk or water shall not leave its original (reddish colour) colour but should give a golden colour. Adulterated saffron threads will turn white and give more colour.
3. It should have low moisture and should not be dried and crisp. Excessive dried and crispy threads indicate matured and aged saffron which had lost moisture due to improper storage.
You can also buy variety dry fruits online at www.puremart.in
Kashmiri Kesar or Saffron is one of the most widely used and appreciated spice in an Indian women's kitchen.
Pure Saffron or Kashmiri Kesar is one of the priciest spices available on & 'Earth'. From antiquity to modern times the history of saffron is full of applications in food, drink, and traditional herbal medicine.
The major producers of antiquity Iran, Spain, India, and Greece continue to dominate the world trade. Of which Kashmiri Saffron often called "Lachha" or "Guchhi" is world famous for its health benefits and fragrance.
The high price of Kashmiri Saffron is due to the difficulty of manually extracting large numbers of minute stigmas, which are the only part of the crocus with the desired aroma and flavour. An excessive number of flowers need to be processed in order to yield marketable amounts of saffron.
Obtaining 1 lb (0.45 kg) of dry saffron requires the harvesting of some 50,000 flowers, the equivalent of football pitch's area. We at Pure Mart take full care of Quality, standards and adulteration free strands for your well being. This is one of the main reason behind the high cost of Kashmiri saffron price.